By Steve Kirsch
This is the sort of life changing question that got Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to realize that vaccines aren’t safe.
So after a 10 second hesitation to overcome my cognitive dissonance (<sarcasm on>since as we all know fluoridation must be safe since it is mandated everywhere <sarcasm off>), I said yes, and I ended up with a copy of “The Case against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep It There.”
Sound familiar? 🙂
In a nutshell, here is what you need to know.
- Trials began in 1945.
- It was approved in 1950, before any trials were completed and any comprehensive studies were published.
- There is a tiny net benefit to fluoride if it is kept in your mouth and not swallowed. It can slightly reduce your risk of a cavity.
- Once you swallow it, the risks strongly outweigh the benefits. IQ drops significantly and other negative health outcomes accrue. It’s not a close call.
- In hindsight, it was a stupid intervention.
- It would have been better to have limited fluoride to small doses in toothpaste, mouth rinse, etc, that are then spat out. This provides the benefits of strengthening tooth enamel, without the detriments of deteriorating bones by drinking an unknown dosage.
- But nobody likes to admit they made a mistake! Does this sound familiar?
- All large towns “in California” are required to fluoridate (CA Law AB733). There is no federal fluoridation law.
- BUT, almost all large U.S. cities are fluoridated. The ADA is an extremely powerful lobby.
- Short term ways to avoid fluoride:
- Drink spring water (fresh or bottled)
- Drink distilled water (or purified with reverse osmosis)
- Use a reverse osmosis filter for drinking water
- Other methods (less recommended)
- Use a Berkey filter (you have to get the special fluoride filter). Berkey is much better at filtering F but you have to frequently replace the supplemental fluoride filters. Also, you have to keep the Berkey filters from drying out which makes them more maintenance intensive, however they have lots of happy customers.
- Use a 3 stage Clearly Filtered system. However, Clearly Filtered filters rapidly lost their ability to filter out F after the first few fills. They don’t make this clear.
- Long term ways to avoid fluoride in your water:
- Donate to fluoridealert.org. This is the best long-term investment that helps everyone.
- Get your town to stop fluoridating the water. It’s poison. You will have to overcome the same disbelief you get when you tell people the COVID vaccines aren’t safe.
- Change the law in your state to outlaw fluoridation. Like vaccines, the science is crystal clear when you look at it; but nobody wants to look at it. After we take down the COVID vaccines, people will hopefully be more receptive to looking at the risk-benefit here.
- For more information:
- Watch the movie “The fluoride deception” (just 28 minutes)
- See fluoridealert.org
- Read the book
- Read the amazing comment by AMD
- Since the book was published, the strongest studies on F neurotoxicity have come out, including two NIH-funded long-term prospective cohort studies.
Here is just some of the published science linking fluoridation to harm:
(Malin, 2018) published in Environment International, researchers reported that exposure to fluoridated water coupled with iodine deficiency in women is linked to hypothyroidism: https://t.co/Om1QCqWUPR
— FluorideAction (@FluorideAction) February 17, 2022
- Listen to this eye-opening podcast where Christskis and Rivera, JAMA Pediatrics editors, discover that fluoride is harming our kids brains
- FAN v EPA lawsuit